How is it that some people have it and some people are left wondering... how can I get that? Confidence can be an illusive thing sometimes. Especially when you’re relatively new at something. Now Imagine yourself in situation where you really need some confidence and someone is looking to you for answers, solutions, advise or motivation.
This week I am headed to the National Guild of Hypnotist's Convention. This year I’ll be leading a training on How to be come confident. My coaching clients often tell me that they lack a sense of confidence and they want to know how they can raise their level of confidence. The answer I give them is that confidence comes from with in. We have all had the experience of feeling confident. And because of that experience you can find confidence deep inside you and apply it at any given moment. You may be saying to yourself, Really? And the answer to that is Yes, Really!
Confidence has a profound effect on how your clients see you and whether they will follow your advice or signing up for your service or rave about you to there friends and family. When your confidence shines through in your communication, your clients will have confidence in you.
You can find it in a memory of a time when you felt really confident. Remember when you learned how to drive. If you were like me you were afraid to let go of the steering wheel. Now years later, you get in the car and drive down the road sipping on coffee, tuning in the radio and much more. The secret is that the confident memory doesn’t have to relate to your current situation. All you have to do is access that feeling of confidence and wear it like a really great set of cloths, that always makes you feel great.
When I was learning how to drive, my father saw how fearful and insecure I was. I felt like every on coming car was in competition with me for the road. My dad told me to take one hand off the wheel and rest my elbow on the window ledge. This position instantly connected me to a feeling of confidence. I have no idea what made him tell me to do that and my driver ed teacher would have had a fit, but it worked. And I was able to let go of the fear and learn how to drive the car.
Of course, I have a little technique to get you there and help you to embody that feeling of confidence step by step. The key to having this technique work well is to let go and use your imagination. Your mission is to practice this technique and lete me know your results. Here it is...
1. Close your eyes and imagine a time when you felt really confident.
2. Visualize every thing that is going on around you and make the colors bright.
3. Hear any sounds that were happening at that time.
4. And pay close attention to how you are feeling. The emotions and sensations really count.
5. Imagine this experience of confidence as is it were happening right this moment.
6. Slowly open your eyes and bring this feeling of confidence into this moment in time.
7. Give yourself a personal reminder cue or trigger like a word or signal that will let you bring up this memory when ever you want it.
8. Condition this for yourself by repeating this process at least 10 times.
9. Then when you really need some confidence you can trigger it on cue when ever you want.
Want to know more about my Client Results Core Training or Coaching services? They are full of amazing ways to get the client results and client referrals you've been looking for. I know personally that I can't do it alone and you don't have to either. So I want you to know that I am approach able. To find out more to to my website at www.eastcoastnlp.com